Friday, April 01, 2005

Emergency

The following is the email message I sent to my supervisor:

I found that my argument that the way to select chief executives in the government matters for the economy was totally wrong. The direction of causality is very likely to be opposite, which is nothing new or surprising. My paper was accepted to present at a conference in three week?s time (at Summer Meeting of Young Economist 2005 in Geneva), and I wonder whether or not I should cancel it. The detailed conference program hasn?t been announced yet, so the cancellation will probably be accepted if I say so as soon as possible. And, for a longer-term concern, I wonder how I will continue on this topic...
His response:
These sort of ups and downs are part of research so don't worry too much.
We're going to talk about this next Monday...

No comments: