Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Boot Room Eaterie

I never imagined that I would have an excellent dinner in England.

The Boot Room Eaterie is well worth visiting if you happen to be in Leicester (Street address: 29 Millstone Lane).

For a starter, I had Ham Hock Terrine, Pineapple Chutney, Poached Egg (5.95 pounds). The terrine was beautiful done. As far as I remember, I never ever liked terrine. But this one was different. The chutney and the egg served the role of an excellent accent in taste.

My main dish was Scottish Beef Medallions, Diane Sauce, Dauphinoise Potatoes (18.95 pounds). I didn't know what Diane sauce and Dauphinoise potatoes are, but they are apparently among British home cooking recipes. Here at the Boot Room both were nicely done, enhancing the juiciness of the beef.

Although I was already full, I couldn't resist trying Cherry Almond Tart with Clotted Cream (5.60 pounds) for dessert. It turned out one of the best dessert dishes that I had in England.

Complimentary bread also tasted great. The service was good. The graffiti-like signage for the loos was cool. To my surprise, I had a pleasant dinner in the middle of England.

No comments: