Sunday, October 29, 2006

On the Job Market

Now I'm officially on the job market* this academic year (see this).

*If you want to know what the academic job market for economics PhD students is like, have a look at Cawley (2004) and House, Weir, and Fafchamps (2002).
This means I'm going to be (and I have already been) ridiculously busy in the next several months, perhaps until next March.

Therefore, I won't be able to update this blog until I get a job or until I decide to challenge again next year.

Having said that, I have kept, and I will keep, writing down what happens to me everyday, because, to the best of my knowledge, none of economics PhD job market candidates in the past have made public their personal experience of academic job hunting in detail, which I believe creates inefficiency every year in terms of the time allocation decision faced by job market candidates. But I don't make it public at this moment as it takes time to edit my writing and as I don't know what can be public and what cannot until the whole process is over.

Anyway, if you visit this blog from time to time, please stop doing it at least until next March. I won't update this blog. Until then, wish me luck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll get to call home that which you want the most... All the best of luck, Masa!

Anonymous said...

Good luck my friend! Lets try to speak on the phone at some point.

Anonymous said...

Kudamatsu san,
All the bests for your future employment.

A permanent reader more than 3 years

Coty said...

Good luck Masa!